Summer | Biking & mountain biking | Dolomites
The Sellaronda in summer
Sporty challenge by mountain bike
The Sellaronda is without any doubt the most beautiful mountain bike tour in the world. The fantastic view beckons many families to the well-kept trails.
The well-known Sellaronda is a real highlight, and not just during winter. Quite the contrary: especially in summer, it has a lot to offer! While racing cyclists and motorists wind their way up the pass roads of the Dolomites, flowing single trails and wide forest paths beckon to be discovered during a biking holiday with children.
If you want to facilitate the one-day trip around the Sella massif, you can use certain mountain railways. Afterwards, you just have to go downhill! Despite the assisted ascent, the whole family should have at least a little mountain bike experience to meet the requirements of the Sellaronda round tour.
- Start: Dantercëpies mountain railway
- Difficulty: moderate if you go clockwise; difficult if you go counter clockwise
- Length: approx. 55 – 59km
- Duration: approx. 6 hours
- Altitude difference start-destination: 500 – 1,100m net
- Starting altitude / highest point: 1,350m / 2,478m
- Trail composition: forest paths, trails through meadows and woods
- Best season: July until September
- Location for refreshment: many mountain huts and mountain restaurants
Our tip: You can rent well-kept and serviced mountain bikes directly in Val Gardena/Gröden. You can ask for advice and try the different bikes before renting them. For beginners, we recommend to try the flow trails of the Dantercëpies Bikepark. After that, you can try the Sellaronda in clockwise direction. Only very experienced bikers should do this tour counter clockwise.
We wish you the perfect flow!
The Obletter & Riffeser Families from Hotel Cavallino Bianco