Autumn | Spring | Summer | Biking & mountain biking | Merano & Environs
Ready? Set? Go!
From Naturns to picturesque Lake Goldrain
Listen up, bike-loving parents! This leisurely tour will make your children love cycling. Two castles and a lake ensure good vibes.
This cycling tour full of pleasures and views is ideal for starting your bike holiday with children. You just have to conquer 100 metres of height before arriving at idyllic Lake Goldrain with its playground for children and a refreshment point that invites you to take a break. Your children can either cycle themselves or enjoy the tour in the children’s trailer.
The asphalted trail leads along the Adige/Etsch river past the apple orchards of Val Venosta/Vinschgau. At the beginning of the tour, you can enjoy the stunning view to the lavish Juval Castle, which towers high above the valley. A little bit later, you’ll pass the village of Kastelbell, which got its name from the local castle. After approximately one hour, Lake Goldrain will appear before your eyes.
- Starting point: Naturns
- Trail course: From Naturns along the Val Venosta/Vinschgau cycle path towards Reschen Pass to Goldrain and on to Lake Goldrain
- Length: approx. 15km
- Duration: approx. 1 hour
- Altitude difference: 100m
- Starting altitude/highest point: 554m/650m
- Trail composition: asphalted cycle path/side roads
- Suitable for child trailers: yes
- Best season: all year round
- Location for refreshment: Lake Goldrainer refreshment point
Have an exciting cycling trip!
The Ainhauser Family from Familie Ainhauser vom Family Hotel Gutenberg