Family Hotel Gutenberg ****: Being creative in nature
Surrounded by apple orchards and chestnut trees, the Family Hotel Gutenberg, our family hotel in Schenna above the spa town of Meran, impresses with its warm atmosphere. The Meran Waalweg hiking trail passes right in front of our front door. The family rooms and suites with panoramic views, playground, pools, sauna, and wellness offer leave nothing to be desired. In the kids’ club we offer over 70 hours of entertainment per week, and the mini club starts from the age of 1.
The family hotel in Schenna, your holiday retreat in nature
These highlights make us unique:
- Pony and Haflinger riding paddock
- Location directly on the hiking trails
- 3 playrooms
We stayed in a renovated room with a south-facing balcony and a great view of the Meran basin. We spent two wonderful and relaxing weeks in South Tyrol. The staff was always approachable, super friendly, and competent. When asked "Where are we going on holiday next year?", our seven-year-old answered without hesitation: "To the Gutenberg in Schenna again, of course."
A super beautiful family hotel. We arrived and felt at home. Great child care, incredibly tasty cuisine, very loving staff that fulfills every wish. And the host is also always present, he works closely together with his entire team. Super nice. We’ll be back.
- Childcare and entertainment for children from the age of 3, from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9.30 p.m. and on Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
- Childcare for toddlers from 1 to 3 years of age, from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. and from 5 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Daily kids programme with countless indoor and outdoor activities
- Kids Club with two play rooms: climbing wall, handicraft area, table football, table tennis, creative area, library, and plenty of toys and games
- Mini Club with wall games, baby area, scrabble elements, creative area, and doll kitchen
- Kids Pool and mini swimming pool
- Safe outdoor playground with slide, swings, sandpit, children’s play area with bear tower and slackline
- Twice per week pony and horseback riding in our own paddock included (mostly on Tuesday and Friday from the end of March to the beginning of November); additional horseback lessons at a fee
- Kids buffet for all children in the evening
- For babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age for lunch and in dinner: toddler buffet with warm meals, baby porridge, clear soups, and side dishes. Outside these times, baby formula, yoghurt, and baby food in jars are always available.
- Kids juice bar in the Kids Club
- Tea kitchen 24/7
- Equipment for small children such as high chairs, baby monitors, changing tables, nappy pails, potties, toilet seats, cots, cradles, buggies, carrier rucksacks, bottle warmers, bibs, kettles, and baby bathtubs
- Panorama outdoor pool with whirl loungers and massage jets
- Kids Pool and Mini Pool
- Conservatory with infrared lounger and panorama loungers
- Sauna area with steam bath, infrared cabin, heath bench, relaxation room, vitamincorner, and Finnish sauna with panoramic view
- Fitness equipment in the conservatory
- Free rental of bathrobes and slippers
- Cosmetic body and face treatments for men and women, classical and special massages, as well as cosmetic treatments for children (at a fee)
- The hotel is located directly at the hiking trails.
- Rental of rucksacks, hiking poles, and hiking map
- Rental of prams and child carrier rucksacks
- GuestCard: GuestCard holders receive exclusive discounts in museums, cable cars, shops, sports and leisure facilities in Meran & Environs.
- Reduced admission to the Terme Merano
- In summer: bike depot and weekly barbecue evenings in the garden
- In winter: ski depot, shuttle service to the nearby ski lifts. At a fee: ski rental, ski pass, and ski course
- Rich breakfast buffet with large selection
- 4-course choice menu in the evening with salad and cheese buffet. We’ll be happy to take your food intolerances into account and prepare lactose-free and gluten-free meals.
- Still water, carbonate water, and a selection of juices at dinner included
- Cake buffet in the afternoon
- One aperitif per week and tasty apples in the entrance area 24/7
- Quiet location and panoamic view around the hotel
- Garden with sunbathing lawn
- Depending on the category, rooms and suites offer a wonderful panoramic view of Meran & Environs or of the surrounding mountains and feature a sitting area, couch, satellite TV, safe, telephone, and minibar. The bathrooms are equipped with shower, bidet, make-up mirror and hairdryer.
- Cosy entrance area with open fireplace and hotel bar
- Parking space in front of the hotel (included) or garage space (at a fee)
- Familiar flair and friendly team
- Schenna and its surroundings offer many interesting events, a wide range of sports and leisure activities, places of interest, family-friendly hikes, lifts incl. cable cars, and a large number of traditional alpine pastures and mountain farms with refreshment facilities
- Family programme for young and old three times per week