Bad Ratzes ****: Your oasis of relaxation
Bad Ratzes, our family hotel in Seis, is situated in a beautiful, secluded location in the Sciliar Catinaccio Nature Park at the foot of the Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm at 1,200m above sea level and only 3km from the centre of the village. The house stands on a large meadow by a crystal-clear mountain stream, well guarded by the Sciliar/Schlern and surrounded by soothing peace and an ancient spruce forest. A home for all generations.
The family hotel in Seis between wild stream and magic forest
These highlights make your summer unique:
- Child and baby care (from 6 months)
- Highlights in summer: bonfires, lantern walk in the evening, painting on easel
- Creative workshops for children and youngsters: theatre on holiday with actors from Berlin, artistic week, photography, felting, creating an insect hotel, parcours with coach
- Wonderful location in the middle of unspoilt nature with children’s cable car, giant slide, wild stream, and magic forest
- New: e-bike rental in the hotel
- 6x per week: family hikes with the guides Roman and Herbert, e.g. hike to the Malenge mill, hike with breakfast on the Sciliar/Schlern, hike to the Sanon hut with horse-drawn carriage ride on the way home, etc.
These highlights await you in winter:
- Wonderfully quiet location at the foot of the Sciliar/Schlern
- Free shuttle service to the Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm cable car, which is only 10 minutes away
- Family-friendly ski area with easy to medium sunny and wide slopes, 80km cross-country ski run, Italy’s best snowpark with 120m long half pipe, 11 toboggan runs, and 60km of perfectly prepared hiking trails nearby
- Pick up service from the ski courses
- Child and baby care (from 6 months)
- Exciting creativity programme for children and youngsters in the afternoon and evening
Your family hotel at the foot of the Seiser Alm
Your days at Bad Ratzes are a feast for all the senses
- Delicious breakfast buffet, rich in variety and surprises
- Help yourselves from our "packed lunch buffet" to create your own personal packed lunch.
- Lunch at noon from 12.30 am to 2.00 pm: small á la carte list
- Sweets, snacks and fresh fruit in the afternoon
- As final touch of an eventful day we spoil you with a choice of menus: South Tyrolean delicacies, Mediterranean menu & Vegan menu. Special wishes are gladly taken into consideration.
- In addition, our kitchen team will be happy to take your incompatibilities into account. On request, we also offer vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian and lactose-free cuisine.
- Children's menu in the evening
- Aperitif cozy and romantic in the courtyard terrace
- Loving care for children from 6 months to 3 years Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday from 8.00 to 15.00 and Wednesday from 15.00 to 21.30 and during dinner from 19:30 to 20:30
- Exciting programme for children from 4 years of age together with their peers from Sunday to Friday from 08:00 to 21:30 and Saturday from 15.00-21.30 with lunch and snacks
- Weekly highlights: campfire with bread & marshmallows, lantern walk through the glittering forest, handicraft workshop: wooden lantern - insect hotel with Anna, painting with tempera on canvas with Heidrun
- Available free of charge: All-terrain pram, high chair, changing table, bathtub, potty, bottle warmer, carrying backpack ...
- Thermos with porridge for the youngest to take away
- Free ski pass for children under 8 years of age in relation of 1 adult, 1 child
- Winter adventure weeks: Art week with Anna
- Summer adventure weeks: Climbing week with mountain guide Helmut, art week with Anna, hiking week with overnight stay in a hut and camping at the campfire.
Time out for body, soul and spirit
- Indoor swimming pool (6x12 m, water temperature 30°C)
- Finnish sauna
- NEW: Outdoor sauna with biopool
- Massages with Kerstin
- Fitness room with stepper, bicycle and 3 Stack Multi Station
- Swimming lessons for children & adults if requested
- Yoga with Kerstin
- New: our suites Hauenstein & Kepf & Badl with private sauna
- Bathrobes and slippers (4,00€) for kids and adults
- 3 times a week guided snowshoe hiking on the Seiser Alm
- guided family hike to the Tuffalm and downhill run with the sledge - walk to the idyllic Völser Weiher for ice skating - hike on the Seiser Alm & back with the horse-drawn carriage
- 3x weekly ski tour with ski instructor
- Swimming course for children in the hotel (on request)
- Yoga for kids and adults
- Comfortable ski transfer to the cable car Alpe di Siusi
- Ski pass and ski school service directly at the hotel
- Full moon tobogganing
- Locking forward to Summer: e-bike rental directly at the hotel
- guided hiking tours with Herbert and Roman
A wonderful week lies behind us, in which we were spoiled all around. Apart from top cleanliness and super delicious food, you will experience a personal, but never intrusive hospitality like never before. The children were not only looked after by the child careres but were welcomed with loved. Huts were built in the forest and both boys, five and eleven years old, want only one thing: to return.
We spent a full week at Bad Ratzes focused on hiking and relaxing and we recovered more than well from the stresses of everyday life! The entire team took great care of us – from the reception to the restaurant and the child care. Especially on days of bad weather, the children were offered lots of variety. The food was simply amazing, no matter if in the morning, at noon, or in the evening. We had a great time and can highly recommend the hotel.